Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekend of Brewing

Hi Everyone,

I will be brewing Saturday and Sunday this weekend to get ready for the Snowmass Beer and Chili Fest. I'll be starting about noon each day. Swing by 939 Wheel Circle in Bonedale and say "Hi" and help clean carboys. (Just kidding)

I have 3 beers on tap at the moment - some leftover DIPA, a nice easy-drinking Amber, and the monster "Darth Cheney's Imperial Stout" which clocks in at about 14.5% and pushed with nitrogen.

Jeffe

UPDATE: Brewing went well - kinda. Did 5 gallons of Quick and Easy Lemon Wheat on Saturday. Had some issues with volumes again, but think it'll turn out OK. I was hurting a bit on Sunday but was able to get 10 gallons of APA out. Used Summit and Amarillo - yummy!
I'm regestering for the Beer and Chili fest today.

2 comments:

jwjeep1 said...

A couple weeks ahead of time??? That's kind of early for you and this competition!

JD said...

Yeah - I may have to brew again this weekend, just to really re-create the freshness of last years winning brew!