Monday, May 21, 2007

New Mash Tun Manifold

I was at Lowes the other day and got a wild hair to build a new Manifold for my Mash Tun. CPVC is so cheap, I decided to go for it. Last brew day (Big Brew) I was disappointed in my efficiency, and apparently left quite a bit of sweet wort in the Tun. I measured the dead space with the new manifold and only have about 2 cups left over. I was going to try to thread the old Stainless Steel mesh over the pipe, but it wouldnt quite fit.

Here are some pics:

2 comments:

jwjeep1 said...

Looks nice Jeff. It'll be interesting to see how your efficiency is affected. I just found out that we've got a really nice mig welder here at the shop as well as a plasma cutter and a torch, so I'm going to try and get that keggle built sooner than later. Argh, too much stuff to do in the next month!

wesleymaccachran said...

I just rebuilt my cooler with a copper manifold. i'll drop some pictures later. i am curious how the hacksaw cuts work for you. i prefer the drill hole method myself.

you should give Cody a call - he is also brewing this weekend.

also, can you make your blog profile available? i'd like to see your name. thanks.